We are looking for franchisees
Zócalo offers a tried and tested franchise concept. We have operated Mexican Fast Food restaurants since 2002. Everything from food preparations to marketing is a part of our franchise offering. To our franchisees we offer great online support as well as face-to-face support and regular visits to their restaurants.
Zócalo originated in the Taqueriors and the street food in the Mission District of San Francisco. An area where traditional Mexican cuisine meets the fresh Californian food culture. We call our food philosophy Fresh Fresh Mex – Mexican food made from scratch with carefully selected ingredients.
From day one, we have focused on selling top quality Mexican fast food. We even tell you exactly what ingredients are in our food through our Honest Menu and Honest Note initiative. We focus on buying good raw materials and always have more organic products on our menu. We also have a great focus on serving food that is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Zócalo is a concept that has been elaborated into the smallest detail, a turnkey concept. Everything from the restaurant’s appearance to the food, packaging and self control within the restaurant. We are expanding and looking for franchisees for our concept.
We are looking for franchisees in these areas:
Jonas and Malin run four Zócalo restaurants in Göteborg. Previously, they both have long experience at McDonald's in Kal-mar and Göteborg.
“We are absolutely convinced that tasty, healthy and fresh food is the future. And we want to be part of the journey to spread Mexican food, and to build a strong brand. Zócalo as a franchisor works with family, and with values. Our Franchisor is a good listener, and decisions can be made quickly. An important assessment is that we as a Franchisee are allowed to influence a lot of decisions and where we are going in the future. ”
Ali and Khloud have been running their restaurant in Kungshallen in Stockholm since 2017. Before becoming a franchisee, they both worked at Zócalo on Regeringsgatan and in the Mall of Scandinavina.
“With Zócalo, we had to fulfill our dream of owning our own company. Zócalo has been a really good franchise and we get quick help with all our questions. The concept is loved by our guests and we as franchisees get good help from the Zócalo Franchise with everything from how we manage the accounting to how we close our restaurant every night. ”
For a franchisee to open a Zócalo restaurant, there are the following franchise related costs:
- Initial Franchise fee (one-off, fixed sum)
- Franchise fee (recurring fee, based on turnover)
- Shared Marketing fee (recurring fee, based on turnover)
The average cost of opening a Zócalo restaurant (assuming a restaurant size of around 150-200 square meters. Food court locations are less expensive).
- Kitchen equipment €45.000
- Bar and dining area furniture and equipment €90.000
- Construction costs including ventilation: €80.000-150.000 (depending on location)
- Other initial costs: €20.000
- Total costs: €235.000-€305.000 (depending on location)
Food court locations cost around €130.000 to build.
We give you
- An award-winning concept (Zócalo is the Fast Food Restaurant of the Year in Sweden 2013)
- Decorating and planning your Zócalo restaurant
- Project management at startup
- Common cash system with direct connection to guest orders via app or our website.
- Common system for self-control
- Common system for scheduling and stamping staff
- Finished cooperation agreement with suppliers of selected products
- Ongoing support
- Joint marketing
- Product development
- Conferences and meetings with other franchisees
We want you to
- love our restaurant concept;
- have an organized budget with room for investment;
- to be outgoing and social and with experience in guest contact;
- consider your investment from a long-term perspective;
- have a business sense and is service- and quality-oriented.
Fill in the Interest Report below for more info.
Does this sound interesting? Then fill out the interest form and you can get more information about our franchise opportunities.
All statements of interest and information are treated as confidential.